Solar Nation provides a standard minimum retailer’s warranty period of 5 years, on the operation and performance of the whole PV system including workmanship and products.
This is additional to any other guarantee or warranty you (the consumer) may have:
- from the manufacturer of the System; or
- under any applicable law, including the Australian Consumer Law.
- our workmanship
- the workmanship of our contractors in installing the System; and
- the operation and performance of the System, will be free from fault or defect for a period of 5 years commencing on the date the System is installed (Guarantee Period), and we will repair any such default or defect notified to us within the Guarantee Period, including by replacing all or part of the System where necessary, within a reasonable time frame at no cost to you.
You the consumer will not be entitled to a claim and the guarantee will not apply where:
- the fault or defect is not notified to us within the Guarantee Period; or
- the fault or defect is a result of:
- something done by you or someone else, and not us or our contractors; or
- something beyond human control that occurred after installation, e.g., an extreme weather event, possums;
- the System being misused, abused, neglected or damaged after installation;
- the System being maintained other than in accordance with the Maintenance Documents; or
- the System being repaired, modified, reinstalled or repositioned by anyone other than a service technician approved by us in writing.
Any further consumer complaints will be handled in a professional and ethical manner and our procedure is set out in our Complaint Handling Procedure